VJ Day - 75th anniversary commemorations
Saturday 15th August 2020 will mark 75 years since Victory over Japan (VJ Day) and the end of the Second World War.
To mark this momentous occasion The Fusilier Museum, Bury will be commemorating the day with a programme of special online events for all to enjoy. These include:
- The launch of a new film – The Forgotten Army which will be available to view on the museums website – www.fusiliermuseum.com from 15th August.
- A series of live music sessions taking place in the Gallipoli Gardens including performances from the band of the Fifth Fusiliers and the Veterans Sweetheart
- Poetry readings from the Mayor of Bury and local army cadets
- Display of photographs from Burma projected onto the side of the building
- The museum will turn red and blue in honour of all the Lancashire Fusiliers who fought in Burma
All the events will be streamed live on our Facebook Page. Please note the general public are NOT able to attend on the day due to current restrictions and government guidelines. All events will be streamed live via our Facebook Page so you will be able to enjoy the commemorations.
Members of the public will also have the opportunity to make online donations towards museum funds which remains closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.