VJ Day - 75th anniversary commemorations
Saturday 15th August 2020 will mark 75 years since Victory over Japan (VJ Day) and the end of the Second World War.
To mark this momentous occasion The Fusilier Museum, Bury will be commemorating the day with a programme of special online events for all to enjoy. These include:
- The launch of a new film – The Forgotten Army which will be available to view on the museums website – www.fusiliermuseum.com from 15th August.
- A series of live music sessions taking place in the Gallipoli Gardens including performances from the band of the Fifth Fusiliers and the Veterans Sweetheart
- Poetry readings from the Mayor of Bury and local army cadets
- Display of photographs from Burma projected onto the side of the building
- The museum will turn red and blue in honour of all the Lancashire Fusiliers who fought in Burma
The general public are able to attend, however they are encouraged to either watch from a safe distance (Victoria Wood Garden) or on social media platforms as all events will go out live on the day. Anyone visiting must adhere to social distancing and a limited amount of people will be allowed into the Gallipoli Garden at any one time.