Volunteers are fundamental to the day to day running of the museum and without them we simply wouldn’t be able to operate. We offer a wide range of volunteering opportunities in all aspects of the business and we take great pride in providing a unique, fun and friendly environment to be part of. You don’t have to be a military enthusiast to make the most of our opportunities either! Here are just some of the roles you can get involved with:
- Cataloguing our photographic collection - must have a good eye for detail and have an interest in military uniforms.
- The Fusilier Archive - cataloguing and researching family history enquiries. The right person should have an enquiring mind, experience of research or working in a library environment
- Digitisation of the museum’s collection – must have a great eye for detail and be good with technology
- Fundraising and event organising - must be committed, forward thinking, innovative and not afraid of hard work
- Marketing – mainly working in PR, website development and on social media platforms. Ideal for student studying PR and or marketing.
We also offer general roles such as administration, front of house and within our education team.